Alrighty! I’m still plugging away at my latest crazy video game goal: Get the PlayStation Platinum trophies for the entire Mass Effect trilogy (Please note: I love Andromeda too and already have a Platinum trophy for that one. Not bragging, just sayin’).
I’m hella proud to say I beat Hardcore difficulty with my Space Jerk Shepard today. And while I was hungover, I might add. My impressive ability to cast Singularity and run away paid off. This playthrough also accomplished all of the goals I had set:
- Dick was a huge asshole to everyone and landed the Renegade trophy.
- I made him woo Ashley Williams for the romance trophy. That arc was actually quite amusing (I think Ash is a badass and she’s one of my favourite Mass Effect people). The sexy time scene wasn’t too graphic, thankfully!
- I got all of the Biotic power related trophies.
- I completed most of the game with Tali and Wrex, earning their companion trophies.
- I’ll say it again: I beat the game on Hardcore. Woot! Starting out was a pain, but once Dick’s Biotic powers were leveled enough, it turned into easy mode (shout-out to Tali for her shield cracking abilities).
Here are the screenshot highlights! Oh and apparently my screen capture card crapped out around the last of this playthrough. It sucks because I had some awesome shots… technology.
WARNING: Lots of !!!SPOILERS!!! below. Stop reading and scrolling if you don’t want the Mass Effect trilogy ruined for you. You have been warned.
Continue reading UNC: Platinum Mass Effect 1 (Week 2)
Welcome to my first new babblethrough series on Livid Lightning! On my old blog, I really enjoyed writing posts like this babbling about my adventures through Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, Horizon Zero Dawn, and what little I had done in The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (at the time of this post, I do intend to re-post/finish my older ones at some point, by the way). I guess these are kinda like a Let’s Play in written form using the tons of screenshots I take in games. I don’t have the verbal skillz to do the traditional video Let’s Plays, but I sure enjoy rambling about stuff in written form! These are also a great way for me to look back on a gaming adventure when I’ve long forgotten about it.
During my blogger breakdown, I focused heavily on playing through Shepard’s Mass Effect trilogy (for the very first time) to help me forget about this planet’s problems. I loved every precious second I spent with my Commander Ellen Shepard, so I’m very excited to start babbling about the entire trilogy journey I had, starting here with the first game. Not sure when/if I’ll get around to finishing it, but I’m cool if this remains an in-progress labour of gaming love. Oh and I was dumb and pressed the wrong screenshot button on my keyboard at first, thus missing many screenshots for the Prologue. Alas!
Obligatory: !!!MAJOR FREAKING SPOILER!!! warning. DO NOT keep reading if you have not played Mass Effect and plan to.
Continue reading Mass Effect Minutes (Part 1)