Hey! Listen. You know that popular Christmas song called the 12 Days of Christmas? Athena over at AmbiGaming came up with a cool holiday themed community collaboration idea to gamify that kinda-as-annoying-as-Navi song (that we all love or hate). Basically, it’s a countdown list each day that ends up with 364 items, times however many bloggers do this, at the end of the event (something like that… my maths is bad). Be warned that my singing voice is terrible, but here we go, eh!
🎶 On the 6th day of Blogmas, the gamers said to me: Share seven of your favourite posts. 🎶
1) Lightning Will Not Leave Me – It was hard for me to describe how important Lightning Farron and the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy are to me. I had so much fun writing this article for the Well-Red Mage’s Final Fantasy Crystal Compendium project. You should also check out Pix’s awesome entry for the the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy!
2) Ace Ace, Baby! More Asexual Representation in Games, Please. – It’s hella complicated and feels really isolating to be an asexual, let me tell you. But my life is changing for the better now that I’ve finally figured out my sexual orientation is a valid thing. I was shocked when I stumbled upon Clan Geek’s post coming out as an ace. We decided to do a collaboration for 2018’s Asexual Awareness Week, and this post resulted. You should also check out Clan Geek’s side of the collaboration!
3) Path of the Grey Warden 3: It Should’ve Been Me… – It took a lot of time and effort, but dammit, I sure loved babbling about Grey Warden Ellen’s journey through Dragon Age Origins. This post was my epic conclusion to the main game, and my favourite part of the series I wrote.
4) Blogger Blitz Black Sheep – Round 1: Totalitarian Teatime – I had much less success in this year’s Blogger Blitz event, brought to you by Adventure Rules, but I had a ton of fun secretly collaborating with my good blogging buddy Athena (take that, judgey little punks!). I backed Bowser and Athena-backed Marjolaine from Dragon Age wiped the floor with me. Alas! I should have never trusted the seductive bardmaster…
5) Banjo-Kazooie | The Game That Defines Livid Lightning – I was honored to be part of a huge collaboration that was held by Normal Happenings. Banjo-Kazooie was a wonderful part of my childhood so it was nice to babble about the game and have it edited by Matt! I might need to hire him to do that for Livid Lightning… Oh and be sure to check out the project’s Adventure Map that points to all the amazing contributors.
6) Chrismage Day 13: Let Nothing You Dismay – Video games and Christmas have always gone together for me. And it all started with a traumatic hospital stay that went down when I was 5 years old. Nope. My debut post as the Livid Lightning Mage was not easy to write, but I’m honored to have it published on the Well-Red Mage’s website!
7) The Importance of Imaginary Idols – True friends always have each other’s backs, no matter what. In early 2018 I had a meltdown, deleting my old website and disappearing from social media. Athena helped me get back on my feet by letting me become a writer on AmbiGaming, while I figured out my own blogging future. Despite my misery, I was more than happy to babble about my shero and the important impact that video game characters can have on our lives. You rock, O Goddess of Wisdom!
Now I feel kinda selfish… I should’ve just shared 7 posts from other bloggers, maybe? Oh well. No shame in self-promoting every once in a while! You can be your own biggest fan… or worst enemy.
Oh and to continue the Blogmas song:
Be sure to check out the host Goddess of Wisdom’s version of the song thus far (including links to other participants, eh).
⚡Thanks for reading!⚡
If for some odd reason you want to read more of my posts, you can find a somewhat organized (and usually up to date) archive of my ramblings… I mean, articles here!